We've survived the sub-zero temperatures and are glad that today, it is finally above freezing. Sure beats the 45 below wind chill temps earlier in the week! I'm beginning to think that my brother isn't so crazy after all for moving to Florida "oh so many years ago" -- but then again, we'd miss out on something as awesome as this.....

Mark's mom, Linda, shared this picture with us and I couldn't resist posting it to the blog. Sometimes, when the really ugly winter hits, it is seeing things like this that make you find joy in the cold winter temperatures. My question though is, what do you think the little buck and cat were truly thinking?????
This has been a very busy few weeks for us. We started the fertility injections on January 27 which was the HCG medication and much to my surprise, it was a piece of cake. Maybe it was the fact that I had a well-skilled person giving me the first injection (thank you Heather), but I didn't feel anything. But wait, that was until I didn't listen to the doctors orders of having to rest following the shot and decided that I felt so good I'd clean the house, do some laundry and then go shopping -- and if anyone has ever shopped with me, you know how long that is. Having the injection at 8:30 AM and not sitting down all day proved that I had a hard lesson to learn. At 4:30, I was walking Gordman's and could not put pressure on my left leg! Here, I had exhausted the muscle that the injection went into. Needless to say, I was able to recover by going straight home to rest with my new friend, the heating pad! I guess doctors have rules for a reason -- I just had to learn a lesson the hard way.
The next round of injections started on Thursday, January 31. These are the daily injections of progesterone that I will have until we have the pregnancy test. If positive, we continue with the injections for 12 weeks (the critical stage for the pregnancy) and if negative, we stop and start the treatment plan all over again. Now that I'm day 3 into the injections, I'm happy to report that my best friend Heather is officially off "injection duty" -- so her daily trips to our house to give me the shots are finished -- soely because Mark was able to give me his very first injection last night and did it like a pro. We'll see how my injection sites feel after 14 days of this!
We continue to have hope and more and more, we are finding calm in little supersitions. If luck is any indication, 2 out of the 4 ultrasounds that we've had at the hospital the "new baby's been born" chimes have gone off. The ultround technicians seem to tell us that is a "good omen" and we'll take any "belief" we can right now.
Until next time, enjoy the lovely winter weather and keep warm!
3 comments:
hang in there karen and mark
Hi I love your blog!!!!!
Keep on writing.
Hang in there karen and mark
hi i hope that you guys have a wonderful Easter!!!
Post a Comment