Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Is it January?
Mother Nature sure has a very unkind sense of humor. We awoke today to an inch of snow and icy roads! Sure doesn't make for a very nice spring around here. Good thing is the snow didn't stick around.
Considering last weekend we had temperatures in the high 50s, sure makes the 31/32 degrees the past few days feel like we're back in the deep freeze.
Update on how Mark and I are doing with the infertility process. We have decided to proceed with the next step Intrauterine Insemenation or IUI since the initial step didn't prove to work for us. We are currently in a waiting stage (seems like that is all we do lately going through this process) for my cycle to start (I never believed there would come a day that I would actually pray for that to happen) so that we can begin the new process. I will be going through daily injections of a new drug called Follistim for 8-10 days. I'm looking forward to this new drug as I've been told I won't experience the same side effects as I did with Clomid (I will not miss the insomnia, mood swings and night sweats!). I will continue using the HCG drug to induce ovulation and then the daily Progesterone injections like I did in the previous cycles so that is good. The only thing different is that we have to do the IUI procedure. We never thought we would get to this point, but we remain hopeful that this will be what give us our miracle. Until next time, please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment