Sunday, April 20, 2008

Welcome Spring & Our New Chapter

The weather has finally made a turn. We visited Mom and Dad T this weekend in Park Falls and the weather was cold and rainy. When we returned to Wausau on Saturday evening, Mark and I were placing bets as to what the final temperature was going to be when we reached our driveway -- starting off in Park Falls at 40 degrees and ending up at home at 63! That was a welcomed change of temps. The sun was also shining which always makes a person feel better. We enjoyed our time in Park Falls and were able to see Kathy, Grant, Steph, Jeremy and Christopher. We weren't able to celebrate Dad T and Jeremy's birthday with them last weekend due to the flu which made the rounds at our home, so we were able to enjoy that time on Friday. Jeremy is now going to be able to turkey hunt this year, so we bought him some awesome camo pants and jacket for the big hunt. Hopefully, his new gear will bring him luck in a few weeks! Update on what's been going on.... We started the Follistim last Sunday. I was very suprised at how different I felt on this medicine versus the Clomid. The daily injections in the tummy weren't as bad as what I had envisioned either, which made it that much easier. I still couldn't give myself the shot though -- I did give a valant try, but after 30 minute sitting with the needle just at my skin and not being able to put it in, I finally turned the job over to Mark, who, has become an expert at giving injections! I had multiple ultrasounds and blood work this time around, and we also made a trip to Green Bay today to have the final ultrasound and blood work done prior to our IUI. Dr. Severnio said that all looks great (we have 4 follicles), so we take the HCG injection tonight and are planned for the first insem on Tuesday morning. If all looks good on Tuesday, we will also have a second insem on Wednesday. Then we start the progesterone injections...and the dreaded waiting game. We are very optimistic that this will work and continue to pray that God blesses us with our little miracle. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully soon, we'll have great news to share!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Karen and Mark. Got your blog address from your Mom. This is Linda Bert's daughter. Bonnie and Mom were in Park Falls and stopped at your Mom and Dads to show them my blog. Remember the little one Zack at your wedding, well he is now almost 9 and he has a little sister. I will have to stop back often to catch up with all of you.
Hugs Linda

Linda said...

by the way my blog is
www.scrapswithoutscraps.blogspot.com